Friday, April 2, 2010

Triple Nutrition: My Hair is Eating This Stuff Up!


While being rushed into a decision by my boyfriend while in Walmart, I decided to make him buy me a new line from Garnier Fructis called the Triple Nutrition System. All of these products are "FOR DRY TO OVERDRIED OR DAMAGED HAIR". I got :

  • Triple Nutrition Fortifying Shampoo
  • Triple Nutrition Fortifying Cream Conditioner
  • Triple Nutrition 3- Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment ( a MOUTHFUL lol but a simple deep conditioner)
  • Triple Nutrition Nutrient Spray Dual Action Nourish + Shine


First of all, let me say, I tried Garnier Fructis products in high school and I wasn't overly impressed. I think this had more to do that my grandma stockpiled it and I don't think it was using the correct formula for my hair type. Did that make sense lol? But I switched hair care products like crushes in high school lol.

There is one other product in the line, it's a nourishing cream shampoo. I didn't pick it up because of my experience with build up from leave in conditioners. When I do not use a good, cleansing shampoo my hair will feel lifeless and look dull. If I were to go back and pick up this shampoo, I would definitely pick up a clarifying shampoo. I would use the clarifying shampoo once every two weeks ( or once depending on how it feels) in place of shampooing or co-washing that day and still use and conditioner and other products as normal. So, if you feel like your hair isn't holding a curl as well as it usually does OR it is taking more product than normal to make your hair beautiful… I would definitely try using a clarifying shampoo. My favorite was one from a salon I go to in my local mall. I also liked Pantene's Classic Care Clarifying Shampoo.




The shampoo and conditioner work okay. I wouldn't say that I am in love with these products. I do like them better than the Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Line.

I love the 3-Minute Undo and the Nutrient Spray. The 3-Minute Undo, I feel, makes the nutrient spray work much better. The only thing about it is I would suggest only using a dime to quarter size amount. If you use too much, it will be very difficult to wash out. I must say I have tried millions (LITERALLY, as many of you gals can relate too) of deep conditioners and this is one of the best.

I originally didn't use the Nutrient Spray after the first time using the other products. I used my usual leave in conditioner, Optimum Oil Therapy's 3-n-1 Crème Oil Moisturizer. I felt like my hair was moisturized and healthier, seriously, after the first use. The next day I used the Nutrient Spray in the place of my leave in conditioner. WOW. I really loved the extra volume because the product did not weigh down my curls. It reminded me of a when I use Paul Mitchell's Skinny serum (I think that's what it is called), except lighter and less oily.


That is one of the pluses of the Nutrient Spray – None of the product ended up on my hands or face later in the day!


Today my son had a doctor's appointment so I didn't wash my hair in the shower. No time to dry and style . So the Nutrient Spray says you can apply to damp or dry hair. I used it today on my dry hair. Below are the before and after pictures. The day before the only product I used was the Triple Nutrition System. This morning I did not add any other products but the nutrient spray. All I did was spray it all over my hair and then comb with a wide tooth comb.


First of all – to "activate" (I'm still not sure what it is activating) you must shake it first





BEFORE




AFTER





Overall I give it a 3 with 5 being fabulous. I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the 3-Minute Undo. I also think I will continue using the Nutrient Spray. I am okay with the shampoo and conditioner. They aren't the best I've used ever.

Have a great weekend. And for all my fellow Texans – I hope ya'll get it in for Relays. Oh --- Happy Easter all!



<3 Val

No comments:

Post a Comment